- The Finish!At 13:43:19 French local time, Skipper Rich Wilson and Great American III crossed the finish line at Les Sables d’Olonne. Total race time: 121 days, 0 hours, 41 minutes and 19 seconds.
- Day 121 – Hours awayAs of 10:00 French time, Skipper Rich Wilson and Great American III are approximately 32 miles from the finish line in Les Sables d’Olonne. The skipper is currently estimated to cross the
- Day 120 – Nearing the finish lineAs of 18:50 GMT, March 9, Rich Wilson and Great American III are approximately 160 miles direct from the finish line at Les Sables d’Olonne. With the wind out of
Captain Murray Lister
M.V. Cape York
- Anything but normalBy Scott Hamilton, Investment Advisor, Explorer Under normal circumstances Rich would have crossed the Doldrums and then picked up the trade winds for a relatively uneventful sail to the finish. Conditions, however,
- Being at seaby Rich Wilson, Skipper, Great American III Last week, the moon rose just after sunset, bright and full, flaunting its perfect geometry. Ringed as I am by 360 degrees of horizon, I
- The next expeditionby Scott Hamilton, Investment Advisor, Explorer When an expedition comes to an end, I don’t really miss much except for my comrades. There is a huge sense of relief when I